Seth Abramson @SethAbramson Attorney. @Newsweek columnist. NYT bestselling author of a book on Trump's Iran policy, Proof of Conspiracy (Macmillan, amzn.to/2sQBWYL). Professor. Jan. 15, 2020 1 min read

Respectfully, this sounds like another gossip book at a time when we need more "factcore" books on Trump. Take the worst facts in my books and you'll say, "My God, he's a war criminal!" Take the worst facts in a gossip book and your reaction is, "Oh—so you're saying he's stupid?"

PS/ America already knows Trump is dangerously uninformed. I think we talk down to readers when we say they can't handle a deep dive into the minute details of geopolitics and Trump's illicit acts. Write a book REQUIRING an engaged adult reader, you'll FIND engaged adult readers.

PS2/ I'm OK with—sometimes even proud of—the fact my books are "hard." I respect my readers and I don't talk down to them. I don't assume they need funny or startling but ultimately meaningless anecdotes couched in a sitcom-like scene to pay attention during a national emergency.

PS3/ I don't care what stupid thing Trump said to John Kelly during a tour of a boat. I don't care what stupid thing Trump was overheard by an intern telling a White House aide. I want—as many do—serious, candid, and stark analyses of historically dangerous geopolitical designs.

You can follow @SethAbramson.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.