1) Great post on Discord by @FoolAllTheTime
My brother in law @zachphillips replaced Slack at his company with a combination of @discordapp and @NotionHQ ; which is super interesting to me as he has quite a track record.
2) Told me about Xero in 2013 after he’d switched from Quickbooks to Xero. It was a $7ish stock, now $85ish. Told me about how awesome Slack was in 2014ish right after pivot. Told me about Airtable right after their series A. All based on his own experiences as a customer.
3) Would be ironic if the next great workplace collaboration platform came out of the gaming industry.
4) And to return to my brother in law @zachphillips
He was one of the first adopters of Bitcoin and spent it all on pizzas, etc. because he thought driving liquidity for the ecosystem was the right thing to do. At least one of those stories is true!
5) Also huge points for @FoolAllTheTime for the Second Foundation reference.
All roads lead to Trantor and that is where all stars end.
You can follow @GavinSBaker.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.