Gavin Baker+ Your Authors @GavinSBaker Husband, Becky Painter. CIO, Atreides Management. Former PM, Fidelity OTC fund. investorfieldguide.com/baker/ No investment advice, views all my own. Jan. 20, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

1) Great post on Discord by @FoolAllTheTime

My brother in law @zachphillips replaced Slack at his company with a combination of @discordapp and @NotionHQ ; which is super interesting to me as he has quite a track record.

https://mule.substack.com/p/dark-horse-discord 

2) Told me about Xero in 2013 after he’d switched from Quickbooks to Xero. It was a $7ish stock, now $85ish. Told me about how awesome Slack was in 2014ish right after pivot. Told me about Airtable right after their series A. All based on his own experiences as a customer.

3) Would be ironic if the next great workplace collaboration platform came out of the gaming industry.

4) And to return to my brother in law @zachphillips

He was one of the first adopters of Bitcoin and spent it all on pizzas, etc. because he thought driving liquidity for the ecosystem was the right thing to do. At least one of those stories is true!

5) Also huge points for @FoolAllTheTime for the Second Foundation reference.

All roads lead to Trantor and that is where all stars end.

You can follow @GavinSBaker.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader