Gavin Baker @GavinSBaker Husband, Becky Painter. CIO, Atreides Management. Former PM, Fidelity OTC fund. investorfieldguide.com/baker/ No investment advice, views all my own. Jan. 23, 2020 1 min read

1) Sea Ltd really stands out after revisiting Apptopia’s list 2019’s top apps.

Sea Ltd had the #1 gaming app and #10 shopping app in 2019 vs. no top 10 apps in 2018. Stock (SE) went vertical in May 2019 after a well received US roadshow and then appeared in *many* Q2 13-F’s.

2) I can see why so many got so excited right after that roadshow – there are very few public companies growing revenue 200%ish who also generate cash and have a large relatively unmonetized internet marketplace asset.

3) Sometimes one doesn’t need an edge or differentiated perspective. I prefer to have a long history and high knowledge level with the tradeoff being that I sometimes miss big moves. Everyone has to find their own way and what works for them as an investor.

You can follow @GavinSBaker.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.