Prof Peter Hotez MD PhD+ Your Authors @PeterHotez Vaccine Scientist-Pediatrician-Author, Prof Dean @BCM_TropMed @TexasChildrens, Univ Prof @Baylor, Hagler Inst Advanced Study @TAMU, Founding Editor @PLOSNTDs Jan. 24, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Wow, this is something. I'll look in more detail (dealing with n-CoV), but just glancing through it, noticed you mixed up 2 Merck's (separated in WWI): 1) Merck & Co = vaccine company, I have no relationship. 2) Merck KgaA German Merck owns Millipore/Sigma, they make chemicals

and protein separation equipment. Merck KgaA has been generously advising us about our recombinant schistosomiasis antigen, but they don't give us funding.

The rest looks like the usual #antivax spin to try to minimize health threat of #measles, ignoring simple facts that the measles epidemic in NYC affecting 600 in 2019, landed 52 in the hospital, 16 in the ICU, and this is what happens when you allow pockets of unvaccinated kids

Antivaxers always seem so disappointed when kids with measles or pertussis don't actually die and their lives are saved by dedicated nurses, docs, and techs in ICUs? I don't get that...

However, he did select a nice picture, which is nice. I wish I still looked that good: age and antivaxers take their toll

You can follow @PeterHotez.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader