Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Jan. 25, 2020 1 min read

Vizzini: “That startup isn't profitable!"

Inigo: “You keep using that word profitable. I do not think it means what you think it means.”

Lines from a proposed script for a sequel to The Princess Bride that were rejected because they were too technical.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/25iq.com/2017/12/22/investing-and-business-lessons-from-the-princess-bride/amp/ 

Miracle Max: "There’s a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead, is slightly alive because the business can shed debt and other obligations in a Chapter 11 and hopefully be cash flow positive.”

Westley: “And our assets?”

Inigo: "Your brains and a moat."

Vizzini: “You fell victim to one of the classic blunders—the most famous of which is, ‘Never mistake a GAAP profit for cash flow’—but only slightly less well-known is this: Venture Capital has long been a trailing indicator to the NASDAQ. Venture capital is a cyclical business.

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.