Nicholas A. Christakis+ Your Authors @NAChristakis Sterling Professor of Social & Natural Science at Yale. Physician. Author of Blueprint: The Evolutionary Origins of a Good Society. Luckily wed @ErikaChristakis Jan. 26, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I get a fair amount of this too. Small and/or new accounts with weird names (eg many numerals) that, in an ostensibly reasonable or, alternatively, super-provocative way, comment (in bespoke manner) on things I tweet. As if the goal is to irritate me or get me to waste my time 1/

Many of the stratagems employed by likely bot accounts remind me of this now classic CIA field manual (which also characterizes the inefficiencies in faculty committee meetings).  https://www.cia.gov/news-information/blog/2019/the-art-of-simple-sabotage.html  2/

Sure thing Anthony04315169! So meta. 3/

Good point by @despair with a link to a super-informative thread by @SwiftOnSecurity on how farms of bots and trolls are attempting to subvert @Twitter (cc @jack -- who I know is giving all this thought). 4/

Sure thing Joseph89592941 with an account opened this month & 1 follower. Look how bespoke this is! What amazes me is that some human being is actually spending time to get me to waste my time & this is organized on a huge scale? Can it be worth it? (I will not respond more.) 5/

You can follow @NAChristakis.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.