Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Feb. 08, 2020 1 min read

When a startup meets debt it inevitably comes with its friend "Covenants."

"Financing is an art form. You have to be sure the company has the right covenant — to allow it the freedom to grow, but also to insure the integrity of the credit."

Michael Milken

"Debt isn’t good or bad. For some companies, close to zero debt is too much leverage. For others much higher levels of debt can easily be absorbed. The right time for a company to finance its growth is not when it needs capital, but rather when the market is most receptive." MM

"The year 1974 taught me that leverage can decimate even the best company when its access to capital is cut off. It also taught me that most people have short memories. That’s why most financial people have five-year careers – one market cycle.”  https://www.google.com/amp/s/25iq.com/2015/12/26/a-dozen-things-i-learned-from-michael-milken-about-finance/amp/ 

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.