Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Feb. 09, 2020 1 min read

25IQuiz: How much subscription churn will this cause?

"New York Times will raise the price of its digital subscription from $15 every four weeks to $17, its first ever price bump. The 13% increase will take effect on March 8."

What actions can taken by NYT to reduce churn?

25iQuiz: Who said:

"If you've got the power to raise prices without losing business to a competitor, you've got a very good business. And if you have to have a prayer session before raising the price by 10 percent, then you've got a terrible business."

Customer replacement requires new CAC (eats cash). There is nothing bad about acquiring new customers if the unit economics are positive, but too often businesses don't invest enough in customer retention. Lower churn rates can create nonlinear returns.  https://www.google.com/amp/s/25iq.com/2017/01/27/everyone-poops-and-has-customer-churn-and-a-dozen-notes/amp/ 

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.