Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Feb. 09, 2020 1 min read

1/ 25iQuiz: Can you name a business which typifies each of the "7 Powers" in the book of the same name?

1. Scale Economies
2. Network Economies
3. Counter-Positioning
4. Switching Costs
5. Branding
6. Cornered Resource
7. Process Power

https://www.amazon.com/7-Powers-Foundations-Business-Strategy/dp/0998116319 

2/ The author of 7 Powers uses different strategy terminology than people like Porter, Munger or Mauboussin, but are the approaches and foundations fundamentally different?

3/ Do you agree that certain of the 7 Powers are more likely to be more valuable during different stages of the evolution of a business?

For example, are counter-positioning and cornered resource more likely to be valuable during the origination stage?

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.