Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Feb. 09, 2020 1 min read

1/ I'd rather poke myself in the eye with a very sharp stick than spend time trying to scrape out a slight statistical edge by tweaking an index fund using a database screen based on a statistical factor like book value to price relationship. Avoiding boredom is valuable to me.

2/ A portion of my investment portfolio is composed of index funds and am pleased that I have the opportunity to outsource the unpleasant parts of that work to other people at a low cost, just as I outsource other boring or unpleasant tasks.

3/ What is endlessly interesting to me is this question: Will the characteristics of this business and nature of markets produce future cash flows the markets have not yet recognized? Answering this question is also what attracts me to being involved in an operating business.

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.