Brian Armstrong @brian_armstrong Co-founder & CEO at @Coinbase Co-founder @GiveCrypto Building an open financial system for the world. Join us: coinbase.com/careers Feb. 12, 2020 1 min read

Trying to send money to pay back a friend. Paypal tells me "recipient is unable to receive money" and SquareCash tells me my bank declined the payment. This is in the U.S. where these services work best. Imagine rest of the world.

Crypto has it's own (numerous) UX challenges of course. But by building on new underlying infrastructure there is an opportunity to make things better, and finally have payments that "just work".

A lot of this is not the fault of these companies btw. They don't control the underlying infrastructure. There is a lot of well intentioned regulation that actually makes it harder for regular consumer to have a good experience as well. Unintended consequences.

There is a lot of opportunity to launch products in regulated markets though. It is so much harder to be innovative, so most entrepreneurs shy away from it.

You can follow @brian_armstrong.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.