Blair Braverman+ Your Authors @BlairBraverman Dogsledder. Author. Adventurer. If you like these tweets, you'll love WELCOME TO THE GODDAMN ICE CUBE (@eccobooks). Feb. 14, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

As you know, sometimes our dogs try new toys.

Sometimes those toys are objectively exciting, and sometimes they’re just exciting to a particular dog.

Well, Leap has a new toy. It’s pretty basic. But she wanted to review it for you.

This toy is a ball on a rope.

It came to my attention that somehow, in all her months, Leap had never encountered a ball on a rope. So I bought one.

This ball on a rope is from Costco, home of miniature frozen cheesecakes, which means I already had a good feeling about it.

WHAT IS THING

The thing about a ball on a rope is that you can’t just bite it anywhere. The ball is too big. It bounces away from your mouth. It is sneaky.

This is an advanced concept.

Got it!

When you encounter a sneaky toy, the trick is to be even sneakier.

Here is Leap demonstrating proper pouncing technique.

After you pounce, it’s important to pounce again.

Now the thing is yours.

Leap recommends pushing it through the snow.

This way, the ball on a rope knows that you won.

Leap’s fun score: 10/10

(even though pouncing on your musher is even better)

Bonus: ball on a rope comes with two additional toys, so you don’t have to share (as much)

But there is one downside.

It is not Jules-proof.

When the rope’s gone, you’re just left with a ball.

But it’s also 10/10!

The end.

You can follow @BlairBraverman.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader