ᴅᴀᴠɪᴅ ᴘᴇʀᴇʟʟ ✌ @david_perell "The Writing Guy" | Host of the North Star Podcast: perell.com/podcast | Writing at perell.com/ | Teaching at writeofpassage.school/ Feb. 14, 2020 1 min read

Islamic architecture makes my soul come alive.

It’s the vibrant colors, the endless symbolism, and the rhythmic geometric patterns.

If you want to invite its beauty into your life, I recommend following @MuslimCulture.

I visited The Alhambra in Southern Spain when I was a teenager, and I remember it as the moment I fell in love with architecture and first experienced the majesty of eternal beauty.

Surprisingly, it wasn’t Jerusalem. It was the Alhambra that did it for me.

I snapped these photos during a trip to the Hassan II Mosque in Morocco, which is the largest mosque in Africa. The highlight was watching the long shadows, as the sun set over the Atlantic Ocean.

You can follow @david_perell.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Threader is an independent project created by only two developers. The site gets 500,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Running this space is expensive and time consuming. If you find Threader useful, please consider supporting us to make it a sustainable project.