[email protected]+ Your Authors @Jason angel: @uber @thumbtack @wealthfront @datastax @robinhoodapp @desktopmetal @calm @launch thisweekinstartups.com/ angelthebook.com/ Mar. 19, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

from 2008: The Startup Depression: "I wrote this to my email list on Saturday the 27th of 2008. Two days before the single largest drop in the history of the stock market."
 https://calacanis.com/2008/09/29/the-startup-depression/ 

2008: "It’s my belief that the economic downturn will be much worse than it is today, and that 50-80% of the venture-backed startups currently operating will shut down or go on life-support (i.e. 3-4 folks working on them) within the next 18 months."

2008: "Make a list of every Web 2.0 startup to raise an A or B round and cross 80% of them off the list, because they will not make it to their next round of funding or profitability."

2008: "Everyone I talk to is feeling confused, paralyzed and anxious–many are in full-blown depression. People are scared, and they should be. This could be the start of a very difficult time for our country and the rest of the world."

2008: "When the market is in the middle of correcting, as I believe it is currently doing, people tend to underestimate everything including:

a) how bad it will be
b) how quickly it will get worse
c) how long it will take to recover"

2008: "1. Execute better: This is fairly simple, as I describe above. Rank yourself and your performance and improve it.

2. Grow the talent you have: When the market is down, it’s a great time to get your team educated and to the next level. Invest in training and education..."

more at the post... it's REALLY hard to read a 12 year old post as a writer, but I think this one is solid enough to share.

2008:  https://calacanis.com/2008/09/29/the-startup-depression/ 

You can follow @Jason.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.