Karla Monterroso #CloseTheCamps+ Your Authors @karlitaliliana CEO @CODE2040, Board Chair for @1Deg, @USC alum - Connected, passionate, heart-driven, wanderlust, change maker. #WiseLatina 🇬🇹🇲🇽 PN: she/her/ella Mar. 20, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I’m taking my sick self to bed, but I just wanna say that we are reaching the point where folks are gonna come out of a week of hibernation with all their plans to make money off our tragedy.

I think this is different than people pivoting factories to make ventilators and masks. Those are the right and moral choices. I’m talking about people who have rarely worked with poor people having solutions for everything from job displacement to resource attainment.

They will be VC backed. They will come in like they are doing a great service. There are folks who have been doing this work for years and actually know what it takes to get it done. Not folks riding in on digital white horses promising the sky having never seen it’s complexity.

We have a huge opportunity to create new infrastructure in the middle of this mess that meets the demand of a diverse, globalized, and digital world. But this explosion will be what D&I sales were in 2014. These problems take connection and familiarity AND innovation.

Seeing the Senators all having cashed out at our expense reminded me, that is the first round, and we gotta push back hard on that. Scrutinize the folks who do this is a responsibility.

*scrutinizing

You can follow @karlitaliliana.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader