Steve Bullock+ Your Authors @GuitarMoog New Album, One Thousand Days, out now in aid of @the3million (link below), play guitars and pedals in @TheVanityDrones, write on politics sometimes. Mar. 22, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

The UK is ruled by people (or person?) who are utterly convinced of their own superior intellect and judgement, but are considerably less smart than they think.

This is dangerous, as we are discovering.

I took a formal symbolic logic class at Uni which completely baffled me. With a week to go to the exam, a friend who’d been equally baffled, told me he’d cracked it. All I had to do to pass was listen to him, and just learn the process and forget about trying to understand it.

As it happened, I didn’t get a chance to meet up with him that week, so I went into the exam still totally baffled and spent an uncomfortable 3 hours looking uncomprehendingly at things like this.

I failed. Got a D. My friend got an E.

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader