Mike Shellenberger+ Your Authors @ShellenbergerMD Author, “Apocalypse Never” : Time, “Hero of Environment” : Green Book Award Winner : President, Environmental Progress : IPCC Expert Reviewer : MD = my initials Mar. 24, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I respect many of the people who believe we are overreacting

I don't agree, but I may be wrong

We may cause more harm than good

But can one of you please watch Cuomo's *entire* speech today & explain below why he's wrong?

For new article

thanks!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJPhVMn5D0 

I'd also love to hear from @DrDavidKatz @tomfriedman @AnnCoulter @Gladwell

Are there other pandemic skeptics who have written intelligently about how @NYGovCuomo is wrong in any of the facts he is presenting, and actions he is requesting?

Today:

"We're not willing to sacrifice that one or two percent. It's not who we are. It's not what we believe. Because that's what it means to be an American. I'm not going to leave any stone unturned until I can make sure everyone is protected."

Here's Cuomo's main points:

We had projected a need for 110K hospital beds at the apex of this virus.

The rate of infection is INCREASING and the curve has increased.

New projections show we may need 140K beds.

NYS is doing everything we can on every level to slow the spread.

The apex of this pandemic is higher & sooner than we thought.

We believe we are 14-21 days away from this apex.

We are scaling hospital capacity as fast as humanly possible.

I will turn this state upside down to get the hospital beds we need.

New York needs 30,000 ventilators.

It will be the difference between life and death.

The federal government must provide these ventilators.

Only the federal government has the power to deliver.

I do not understand the reluctance to use the federal Defense Production Act to manufacture ventilators.

If not now, when?

The federal government must distribute ventilators based on need.

We need them in New York NOW.

After New York gets past the apex of this pandemic, I will transport the ventilators myself wherever they are next needed.

You can follow @ShellenbergerMD.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader