Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

[email protected]+ Your Authors @Jason angel: @uber @thumbtack @wealthfront @datastax @robinhoodapp @desktopmetal @calm @launch thisweekinstartups.com/ angelthebook.com/ Mar. 27, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I’ve been getting a lot of questions about the impact the coronavirus will have on startups and angel investors, so I thought I would tackle the issue head-on in this essay.

https://calacanis.com/2020/03/27/now-is-the-best-time-to-be-an-angel-investor-let-me-show-you-how/ 

Giant disclaimer up top that (obviously) everyone’s safety and well-being is the most important thing right now. Full stop. However, everyone knows that the second and third-order effects of this pandemic will be the economy.

The economy means people’s jobs, and people’s jobs are how they provide food, shelter, medicine, education, and safety for their families.

We lose jobs and some people will lose their safety, be it in the form of housing, food or medicine — let alone the mental health crisis that can come from being unable to provide for yourself and family.

With that disclaimer out of the way, I want to talk about investing in startups, which is what drives the economy through job creation. I’m sure some snowflakes will try and cancel me for talking about investing right now, but those same snowflakes...  https://calacanis.com/2020/03/27/now-is-the-best-time-to-be-an-angel-investor-let-me-show-you-how/ 

You can follow @Jason.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.