Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

[email protected]+ Your Authors @Jason angel: @uber @thumbtack @wealthfront @datastax @robinhoodapp @desktopmetal @calm @launch thisweekinstartups.com/ angelthebook.com/ Mar. 30, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Sticking with my prediction for #coronavirus timeline... adding more predictions:

1. by April 15th: Bay Area goes back to work, restaurants open w/discussed measures (testing, temperatures taken, masks)

2. by May 1:LA follows

3. by May 15: NYC follows

we learn to manage CV

4. Startups, restaurants & big cos that were vulnerable shutter (i.e. too much debt, bad margins, bad management)

5. unemployment stimulus gives individuals 100% of their salary for 12+ months--the poor are NOT impacted financially this time! HUGE WIN

6. We find a cure in Q4!

7. Stock market digests all of this in Q2 and the bifurcation occurs: intelligent money goes all in on best-run companies (Disney, Amazon, Facebook, etc.) & out of challenging ones (retail, energy)

stock market...

8. My % chance of what happens to markets -- and I'm no expert -- but here we go:

a) 40% chance we are at this level +/- 15%
b) 40% chance we go right back to record highs
c) 20% chance we get a stimulus BUMP and break records

9. election: Trump's chances of winning are IMPROVED because of CV: "We beat it people... we beat it because of my team & my decision to close our borders... how much do we love our borders? We love those borders, so very, very much"

60% chance Trump, 35% Biden--5% wildcard

10. by 2021, because we took drastic measures to self-isolate & stimulate EVERY part of the economy, people get complacent--some start making jokes about CV.... calling it #Y2Corona (hashtag trends)

11. 2023: China re-opens wet markets, no one notices. the big one hits... we're ready this time but it has a 30% fatality rate & doesn't just impact older/weak folks--the world really has to shut down

Millions die, humanity survives.. we learn, we take global warming seriously

Note: I REALLY don't care if you don't like speculation... I do, and my gambling, investing & risk-taking followers and friends love to think about these things.

if you reply and say "this just speculation!!" congrats, you're officially Captain Obvious


You can follow @Jason.



Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.