Blair Braverman+ Your Authors @BlairBraverman Dogsledder. Author. Adventurer. If you like these tweets, you'll love WELCOME TO THE GODDAMN ICE CUBE (@eccobooks). Mar. 30, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

When I’m anxious I forget to breathe which isn’t a great combination. But the dogs don’t pick up on it. They’re too busy having fun in the grass and the mud.

They run all over in the time it takes me to walk to the barn.

We have a huge field where they can zoom forever. But these past few days, after they’ve run a few laps, they always go to the same place.

It is their special pile of snow.

Everything happens in the snow pile.

like sniffing

racing and roughhousing

peeing

scratching that itchy face

and chomping snow

And here’s the thing. The dogs are in the place where they feel best. And I’m in the place where I feel best, too—because I’m with them.

And I can breathe.

Wherever you are today, I hope you can find a place where, for a little while, everything feels ok.

And Pepé will be right there with you.

You can follow @BlairBraverman.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader