Tren Griffin @trengriffin I work for Microsoft. Previously I was a partner at Eagle River, a private equity firm established by Craig McCaw. I am on the board of directors of Kymeta. Apr. 12, 2020 1 min read

This podcast is like a collaboration between Rihanna and Jay Z. It has a "Talk That Talk" feel.

Do you understand marketplace liquidity? Is liquidity just the efficiency with which a marketplace is able to match the participating "sides"? How important are inventory, the product discovery experience, core actions and network effects? How can a new side disrupt an incumbent?

What is a friend?

"adopting your ends as my own so that if you achieve the goals, the ends, that you have for yourself, actually makes me as happy as if it were my own goals that I achieved"

"early stage investors [should be] adopting the ends of the founders they work with."

"Your job when you're running these businesses is to identify these loops and maximize them. If you do it right you get momentum that makes the flywheel spin itself [and] your CAC starts going down." Sarah Tavel

You can follow @trengriffin.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.