How have some countries controlled virus so far?
1. Test, trace, isolate
2. Protect health workers
3. Keep constant surveillance of virus
4. Watch borders for imported cases
5. Communicate clearly & honestly w/ public
6. 'New normal'-> masks, temp checks, distancing when possible
7. Using lockdowns when needed to slow down spread of virus & using this time to massively increase key public health infrastructure & to do more research. Lockdowns expensive & costly way of buying time -> used as sparingly as possible.
All of those to buy time for an informed long-term policy choice of either: elimination, effective vaccine/therapeutic or some kind of controlled build up of natural immunity. Too many unknowns still on virus & disease. https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2020/apr/22/flattening-curve-new-zealand-coronavirus …
You can follow @devisridhar.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.