Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

#TestAndTrace EVERYWHERE NOW 🐇+ Your Authors @Noahpinion Bloomberg Opinion writer. Writes about economics, tweets about rabbits. Doesn't actually look like William Butler Yeats. Apr. 28, 2020 2 min read + Your Authors

1/Coronavirus Tweets from the Experts, 4/27/2020

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/lists/coronavirus 

2/A lot of surplus labor out there! HIRE MORE CONTACT TRACERS!!

#TestAndTrace

3/Here's a way coronavirus might hurt kids:

4/Why sending kids back to school could be very dangerous:

5/Some numbers on how many tests each state needs in order reopen safely:

6/This is less household transmission than I would have guessed.

7/A plan to stop COVID-19, by a group of scientists including @VirusesImmunity (who is one of the best experts to follow, btw):

8/This is the most important thing happening in U.S. coronavirus policy right now. This plan needs to be funded immediately.

Also, @ASlavitt and @ScottGottliebMD are two experts you should absolutely follow if you don't already.

#TestAndTrace

9/This is the kind of message we need more of on Fox News.

10/Sign up here to help people collect more data about coronavirus!

11/Remember, epidemiologists, like economists, do not speak with one voice.

12/New York deaths continue to decline, deaths in the rest of the country continue to fluctuate wildly (looks to me like lumpy reporting).

13/Some potentially interesting new testing technology.

14/A thread about bad stats in the media, as applied to the question of what lockdowns accomplish.

15/A heroic inventor.

16/Discussion of digital contact tracing.

It continues to frustrate me that so much of our attention is being paid to such a minor piece of the contact tracing puzzle.

17/What is coronavirus' true fatality rate? NYC is providing some answers, and the numbers are...pretty much what everyone thought a month ago! Somewhere between 0.78% and 1.3%.

18/I'm still not super excited about Remdesivir, and this makes me even less excited.

19/Andy Slavitt on why we need masks, masks, masks

20/Italy successfully suppressed coronavirus.

21/So many experts joining the push for the Slavitt/Gottlieb #TestAndTrace plan!

22/There are two pre-existing anti-inflammatory antibody drugs being tested against COVID-19. One is looking good in trials, another is looking bad. How can that be?

23/This is cool.

24/An antiviral coating to protect surfaces against coronavirus. Could help!

25/Wow, the Slavitt/Gottlieb Test-and-Trace plan is super bipartisan! Nice to know people can still reach across the aisle in a time of crisis.

26/No matter what, we're going to have to avoid large crowds until treatment/vaccine becomes available.

27/Under-emphasized point: Manufacturing huge amounts of vaccines is a huge challenge.

28/The official number of global coronavirus deaths is around 211,000 right now, but this data suggests it's well over 300,000.

29/Antibody tests from Wuhan.

30/"Why not just send young people out to work while old people stay home?", you might ask.

Well, read this:

31/Whoa, Boston.

32/Why #TestAndTrace, also known as #TestTraceIsolate, is such an important tool in our fight against coronavirus.

33/That's all for today, folks! Join me tomorrow for more Coronavirus Tweets from the Experts!

https://twitter.com/Noahpinion/lists/coronavirus 

(end)

You can follow @Noahpinion.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.