Derek Thompson+ Your Authors @DKThomp Writer at @TheAtlantic. Host of podcast CRAZY/GENIUS. Author of book HIT MAKERS. Talker on NPR's @hereandnow and @CBSNews. derek[at]theatlantic[dot]com Apr. 28, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Good morning, here's some UFO math:

"The object was 40 ft long and [went] from 28k feet to sea-level in 0.8 seconds. This means it was capable of achieving a velocity of at least 23,864 mph, which is 31x the speed of sound—and 20x faster than a F-18"

https://medium.com/@deep_1645/the-villager-and-the-f-18-6d2ea3a30cd2 

The difference in speed between a horse and an F-18 is 22x. So, roughly, the UFO was to a 21st century supersonic jet what a supersonic jet would have been to 11th century transportation technology.

somewhere around here was the part where I realized I needed to stop having three cups of coffee in the morning

you, when your boss says "you appear to be here and not here, at the same time":

"i might be using more spatial dimensions than the 3 you're used to"

You can follow @DKThomp.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader