Michael Sheetz+ Your Authors @thesheetztweetz Space Reporter @CNBC | pitches [email protected] | DM for cell, WhatsApp, Signal, ProtonMail | formerly @DJNF @ESTribune | alumnus @TheKingsCollege May. 07, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

SpaceX CEO Elon Musk appeared on Joe Rogan's podcast (again) in an episode released today.  https://youtu.be/RcYjXbSJBN8 

Thread:

Musk, talking about the ability of a corporation vs. an individual, says there are about "8,000 people at SpaceX" and notes that "I can't personally build a whole rocket and the engines and launch it."

"Corporations are vastly more capable than an individual."

Rogan: What are people going to be 25 years from now?

Musk: "Assuming civilization is still around — it's looking pretty fragile right now — I think we could have everything be a whole brain interface ... an AI extension of yourself," beyond a smartphone (a computer extension).

Rogan: Twitter is like a button that you hit "and things blow up and you're like, wow, what else can we blow up?"

Musk: "I've been in the Twitter war zone for awhile, so it's going to a lot to faze me at this point ... you can't take it personally."

Musk says he exercises "a little bit" when he doesn't have much to do while working on Starship in Texas and "living in my little house in Boca Chica Village."

No other SpaceX-related talk on the podcast.

You can follow @thesheetztweetz.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.