Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez+ Your Authors @AOC US Representative,NY-14 (BX & Queens). In a modern, moral, & wealthy society, no American should be too poor to live. 💯% People-Funded, no lobbyist💰. She/her. May. 07, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Hi there! Very new to this.

I would like to visit random people’s islands and leave a doodle or note on their bulletin board.

Can I do that? If so, how?

Should I open my DMs for the first time since the Zuckerberg hearing for the Dodo codes??

Ok I am going to open my DMs for exactly 4 minutes for Dodo code submission. Why 4? Who knows. Here we go!

Honestly never in my life did I think opening my DMs would grant me faith in humanity but the brief window actually resulted in a lot of these messages being very wholesome 😭

People are asking for surprise visits to their spouse’s islands!! This is the love everyone deserves 💕

Update: getting ready to make island visits. Never done this before! Is there etiquette to visiting? Do’s & don’ts?

Update 2: first ever House call (get it?😉) in the books!

It was so sweet. Island belonged to a family of three. We exchanged fruit, took pictures, and I signed a bulletin note using my touch screen.

I was floored by how fast they typed and they taught me about the app. 🥰

UPDATE 3: Okay! After a few visits earlier I am reopening for a few more #AOCHouseCalls🏡.

DMs are opening again for 4 minutes, drop me your Dodo code and a note and I may stop by!

(Yes that is a hand drawn campaign shirt & no I haven’t sorted out exporting screenshots yet 😬)

You can follow @AOC.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader