Jeff Ridgeway+ Your Authors @jeff_ridgeway4 Writer 📝. Coder👨🏾‍💻. Builder 🧰. Helping others on the learning curve of programming & providing inspiration, encouragement, & vulnerability along the way. May. 13, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Starting tomorrow, I will start learning Go via codeacademy & then try out tour of Go ( https://tour.golang.org/welcome/1 ).

I will post code snippets throughout the week and do a blog post on Sunday comparing the two and which is best for learning the language. 😃

For those interested about learning Go or its relevance today, check out this interview with Rob Pike, co-creator of the Go language 👉🏾  https://evrone.com/rob-pike-interview 

Alright, Day 1 learning Go on @Codecademy. Learned the Go Basics in about 30 minutes and created some cool ASCII art so here is what I learned in some cool code snippets (created via @carbon_app)

Got an 80 on the first quiz 🤷🏾‍♂️

It was cool to immediately build something with the most basic code. That was pretty cool (and what I like about codecademy in general). Don't judge my dog and gopher 😂

Will continue tomorrow with part 2!

Day 2: Learned a lot about declaring and assigning variables. I'm really liking the := operator for just inferring the value of a variable in Go rather than always declaring a type (though it might be necessary in some cases). Anyway here's the code below!

Definitely didn't get the grade I wanted to on the quiz 😫 there's always tomorrow 🤷🏾‍♂️

Check out the thread for today and yesterday and will be back for part three tomorrow!

Day 3: Learned a lot about @golang switch, if/else conditionals, and Sprintf and Sprintln. It's pretty cool stuff! Plus, my grade today was a lot better than the last two days! 😅

Code Snippets utilizing different components of Go.

Will be back on tomorrow for Day 4! #CodeNewbie #100DaysOfCode

Officially done with Learning Go on @Codecademy over these past few days. It was been a pretty good experience and I can say that I definitely understand pointers and dereferencing pointers! See below for my last quiz grade. Not my best though lol 🥴

Code about functions in Go. I was able to go to space with this one 🚀

The code about pointers, addresses and dereferencing pointers

You can follow @jeff_ridgeway4.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader