Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez+ Your Authors @AOC US Representative,NY-14 (BX & Queens). In a modern, moral, & wealthy society, no American should be too poor to live. 💯% People-Funded, no lobbyist💰. She/her. May. 13, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

After conferring w/ grassroots activists and climate allies, I am accepting @BernieSanders’ nomination to co-chair the Climate Change Unity Task Force with Sec. @JohnKerry.

Our planet is dangerously imperiled, and wherever there are decisions made, the people must have a voice.

I have always believed that real change happens not with a panel or task force, but in everyday people organizing mass movements to demand change.

Yet we should also commit to showing up everywhere- every space where there are decisions &formative conversations - w/ mvmt voices.

I am also encouraged that we‘re not in this fight alone.

To be on a team w/@CathFlowers, @PramilaJayapal, @FlyingWithSara, @AbdulElSayed, @StephanieKelton, @VarshPrakash & others pushing for 21stc public policy means we are in this together.

Inside pressure. Outside organizing.

You can follow @AOC.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader