Charity Majors+ Your Authors @mipsytipsy CTO @honeycombio; co-wrote Database Reliability Engineering; loves whiskey, rainbows. I test in production and so do you. 🌈🖤Black Lives Matter🖤 May. 13, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

we've revamped our pricing. which is an underwhelming way of saying that honeycomb is now the most straightforwardly and affordably priced option available in the APM, monitoring or observability markets.

i am kind of ridonkulously excited about this change. 8mo in the hopper.

i have been caremad about the pricing shenanigans in this sector since the day i stumbled facefirst into host-based pricing 👇 (and not only that, but "number of distinct hosts seen in a 24h period, aka FUCK YO ASG"-based price rackets)

as a DD user, i ranted about their pricing so much that NR sales started using my tweets in THEIR sales pitches. Mistake.

Man, pricing just shouldn't be a thing you have to think about. You should be able to guess it and tally it up, and It shouldn't bite you in the ass. I'm not saying ours is the cleverest or the best pricing ever, but it's dead simple; no traps.

I know I know, I broke the gag rule and mentioned other tools; I try not to, but I've been crabby about this for howevermanyfuckinyearstoolong.

you wanna charge by host the same whether it's t2.nano or m5a.24xlarge, my ass. mutter.

You can follow @mipsytipsy.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader