[email protected]+ Your Authors @Jason I'm the angel investor who backed @uber @thumbtack @wealthfront @datastax @robinhoodapp @desktopmetal & @calm 3 years before you became addicted to them May. 14, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

An unemployment contagion has started

Stimulus must start on Mainstreet & be sustained for workers--NOT giant companies that didn't manage finances properly (ie airlines)

Unemployment must be extended & raised. People who made $800-$1.5k a week can't get by on $400 (more)

What I'm seeing inside of small & mid-sized companies is SCARY

The economic collapse has moved from retail workers & waiters on to high-paid, white-collar workers (think Airbnb), & those workers, in turn, hire childcare, go on vacation, hire tutors & go to restaurants obviously

the unemployment contagion has started, with laid-off white-collar workers with 3-9 nine months of runway saying "I better cut all spending in case I don't find another high-paying job"

This result? MORE waiters, domestic workers & retail workers losing jobs--it's acute now.

You can follow @Jason.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.