Karla Monterroso #CloseTheCamps+ Your Authors @karlitaliliana CEO @CODE2040, Board Chair for @1Deg, @USC alum - Connected, passionate, heart-driven, wanderlust, change maker. #WiseLatina 🇬🇹🇲🇽 PN: she/her/ella May. 14, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Update: my Assembly Members team reached out and put me in contact with the patient safety team for Alameda Health Systems. They are helping me file a grievance. One of the things I was really clear about was that my concern isn’t just that there was one bad actor.

What I want fixed are the many systems that I interacted with during this process that enabled a bad actor to live comfortably without fear of repercussion for treating a patient this way.

Thank you to everyone being incredibly kind. Trolls have found this thread but they do not outweigh the thousands of people who are reaching out with their own stories and well wishes. I take really serious my responsibility to do something here.

And to the many folks sharing their own stories, I’m so sorry this happened to you too. I may not be able to reach out to everyone, this has become a little overwhelming. But I promise I am reading and keeping you in my heart as I follow-up.

You can follow @karlitaliliana.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.