J.K. Rowling+ Your Authors @jk_rowling Writer sometimes known as Robert Galbraith May. 15, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

It’s no good explaining Bitcoin with similes or indeed metaphors I DON’T UNDERSTAND. But yes, Old Fashioneds are the best.

Blah blah blah gold.
Blah blah (Fidelius charm, nuff said)
Blah blah.
World wide blah blah blah.
Blah blah blah power.
Blah maths.
Dumbledore ❤️

Ok, I’m going to stop you right there. ‘Imagine money is like alcohol?’ What exactly are you implying, Mr Bitcoin-Is-meths-and-that’s-clearly-the-only-way-to-get-through-to-this-dumb-fantasy-author?

I’m sure cryptocurrencies are fascinating. I’ve genuinely tried to grasp the very detailed information I’ve been sent tonight (people close to me understand it & have tried to explain it when I’m stone cold sober), but I’m afraid this is a total blind spot to me. 1/2

I’m just about able to grasp a barter system. Talk of collectibles, tokenomics and blockchains and my brain just takes a walk. 🤷🏻‍♀️

You can follow @jk_rowling.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.