John Burn-Murdoch+ Your Authors @jburnmurdoch Stories, stats & scatterplots for @FinancialTimes | Daily updates of the coronavirus trajectory tracker | [email protected] | #dataviz May. 22, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Nerd tweet:

For a month now I’ve had a *really* weird RStudio bug, where *any* dplyr error causes a fatal crash, ending the session (but no crash with same code on command line).

Silver lining is I’ve become a much more careful coder, and now go days without a single error 🤓😇

For the non-nerds:

This is like if your laptop would instantly switch itself off whenever you made a typo, losing all unsaved work.

It’s high-stress but boy does it fix those typos... 😅😅😅

I’ve completely uninstalled & reinstalled dplyr, tidyverse & RStudio itself (including installing an older build of RStudio) and have asked around but no luck.

RStudio remains amazing and everyone should use it — this is almost certainly an extremely weird thing on my machine.

You can follow @jburnmurdoch.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader