Stephanie Hurlburt+ Your Authors @sehurlburt Businesses: @_binomial @artbysehurlburt Insta: instagram.com/sehurlburt 🏳️‍🌈 She/her May. 23, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Random pricing tip: Have an expensive option that almost no one goes for. If too many people go for it, not expensive enough. Among other reasons to do it, I often see work that I would happily pay more for, but cant, and then the creator never knows they could've made more money

It's counterintuitive because people think "Oh, if that's not selling, it must be bad or something must be wrong with that option." Maybe for cheaper options, but not for luxury buyers. Putting your stuff out there and waiting for the right buyer to come along is normal there.

It's also hard to describe why things like "tip jars" or open ended donations don't work as well for that. Kinda like, I don't know what price makes you feel valued and respected, or what it takes to run your business. An expensive option lets me know ok, this is me helping a lot

You can follow @sehurlburt.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader