1) Away from stocks. Finally finished “The Witcher.” It’s not that it was bad. More middling.
Just shocked that anyone ever compared it to GoT. Rewatched the controversial “Bells” episode. So good.
Miss Jon, Cersei, Jaime, Arya, Tyrion and Daenerys so much.
2) Daenerys coming down out of the sun on Drogon is my favorite scene. I *might* have watched it several times.
We all love Jon, Arya and Tyrion. And Cersei’s villainy is the oil that the show runs on.
But Daenerys and Jaime had by far the best character arcs.
3) Looking forward to watching it for a 3rd time in a few years. So much better than books especially the later ones.
And I have read the books many times.
Of my own sorrow that it is over, I do not trust myself to write to quote “I, Claudius” after the death of Germanicus.
4) Truth is that Benioff and Weiss are much better writers than GRRM even if they mailed it in for the last few seasons. Benioff won a Pulitzer Prize for “City of Thieves.” Highly recommended btw.
There was never a happy ending for Daenerys.
5) Hoping that “Wheel of Time” and/or the second age adaptation of LOTR are awesome.
You can follow @GavinSBaker.
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.
Enjoy Threader? Sign up.
Since you’re here...
... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.