Gavin Baker+ Your Authors @GavinSBaker Husband, Becky Painter. CIO, Atreides Management. Former PM, Fidelity OTC fund. No investment advice, views all my own. gavin-s-baker.com/ May. 25, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

1) Good GS report on Enterprise Software and how it is changing due to WFH trends.

Cloud adoption accelerating and share is consolidating.

Interesting that adoption of cloud overall and multi-cloud in particular has consistently lagged CIOs own expectations.

2) Always strange to realize for the nth time that we are still early in cloud.

And will be fascinated to see if multi-cloud becomes a reality.

Data gravity is real and the AI benefits of having all your data in the same place are significant.

3) This graph did make me smile.

Suspect that “IoT” has already spent longer in the “infancy” stage than any technology other than VR. It is second only to 5G in my pantheon of all time silly investment themes. 😀

You can follow @GavinSBaker.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader