Shreyas Doshi+ Your Authors @shreyas early PM & first PM lead @stripe. formerly a PM lead @twitter @google @yahoo. I share offbeat ideas here—useful for some, useless for many, not for everyone ❤️ May. 27, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I like the Me+20 Conjecture a lot.

It goes like this:

• What will I know in 20 years that I don’t know now?

• How can I understand & learn that now instead of learning from mistakes over the next 20 years?

• What current beliefs might be getting in the way of this inquiry?

I've used the Me+20 Conjecture for things that fall in the category of "wisdom", not so much for "facts".

It probably also works for facts, but I can't be sure.

Besides life decisions, it can be useful for business decisions (usually on a shorter timescale, say 3 yrs or 5 yrs).

A couple of notes, for any skeptics:

• First step is realizing that personal growth means that one's beliefs could be very different N years from now

• A further test: Are your current beliefs identical to those held by You-20?

Examples of decisions that could lead to different outcomes with the Me+20 Conjecture

- Should I take this fancy CxO job if it means 20% less time with my kids?

- Is it time to sever this old friendship?

- Should I move to California?

- Should I take a 6 month sabbatical now?

You can follow @shreyas.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader