Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

Caitlin Rivers, PhD+ Your Authors @cmyeaton Outbreak science + epidemiology + health security. Assistant professor at Johns Hopkins Center for Health Security (@JHSPH_CHS). ELBI alum. May. 28, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Tonight I am mourning the loss of 100,000 members of our families and communities. Each of those people had a biography. Wild adventures, funny anecdotes, selfless sacrifices, vices, heartbreaks. They will be missed and their memories will be cherished by those who loved them. 1/

This pandemic will live in the history books as one of the worst public health crises ever. Nearly a third of recorded deaths worldwide are in the United States. The scale of our disaster is staggering, and we are still in the midst. 2/

I remember after 9/11 the painful, sorrowful, beautiful, unifying national remembrances. Covid victims deserve that too. My fear is that we will rush to “get past” the pandemic. That we will never stop to collectively mourn those lost. 3/

We owe it to them to stay focused and resolve to take the steps needed to prevent more loss. I wrote a few weeks ago about how we need to summon the will to move mountains, like we have done time and again to defeat great public health challenges. 4/

It’s not too late. That option is still open to us. We’ve done hard things before. We can do this too. 5/5

You can follow @cmyeaton.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader