Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

Karla Monterroso #BlackLivesMatter+ Your Authors @karlitaliliana CEO @CODE2040, Board Chair for @1Deg, @USC alum - Connected, passionate, heart-driven, wanderlust, change maker. #WiseLatina 🇬🇹🇲🇽 PN: she/her/ella Jun. 11, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I am in week 13 post the original onset of symptoms. I didn’t get tested until week 9. At that point I was negative. I just took a blood test and one of my blood inflammation markers is fairly high, and two are radically high.

https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/06/how-accurate-are-covid-19-tests.html 

As in, so high I fall waaay past the graph usually used to measure it. My heart goes tachycardic whenever I stand up or have a stressful phone call. And as high as 159bpm for something as small as a shower. I would not be counted in a Covid infection count.

I am no longer contagious, I do not have a fever. I’m fairly functional when I’m sitting up or laying down doing nothing. But this thing is the most brutal of things. Wear a mask. This is long from over. It is wild to me how much we still don’t know about Covid19.

The most meaningful medical interaction I’ve had is when my infectious disease doc in response to telling her I felt crazy said “It is not your fault your country was not ready to test you when you were shedding the disease. And we should not treat you like it’s your fault.”

Unfortunately, that is not the disposition of A LOT of the medical community.

You can follow @karlitaliliana.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader