Charity Majors+ Your Authors @mipsytipsy CTO @honeycombio; co-wrote Database Reliability Engineering; loves whiskey, rainbows. I test in production and so do you. 🌈🖤Black Lives Matter🖤 Jun. 27, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

CONGRATULATIONS to my dear friend @spang, @jermops, @breanneboland and the rest of the @nylas folk on securing their latest round during the worst and weirdest of times. 🦠💥✨  https://venturebeat.com/2020/06/23/nylas-nabs-25-million-as-the-api-economy-explodes/ 

True story: nylas was our very first paying customer. Nobody likes to be the first; they tried a handful of logging tools before circling back. (To this day, a substantial chunk of our users qualify as tool refugees..."sadder but wiser".)

Their engineering team is a treat;

idealistic, humane, well grounded in first principles. It is a team that values learning and progress. I imagine they are hiring. 🙃

We shared a wall on Natoma in 2017, now they are our upstairs neighbor and sublease our office to us. The world is small. Well done y'all.

In sadder news, @darklang effectively shuttered this week, laying off all their employees. 💔  https://medium.com/darklang/dark-and-the-long-term-2c65ff0baf5e  or "restructuring for the long term" as I guess we're calling it now.

I truly hope that's true; darklang is one of of those audacious, ambitious moon shots that you can't help but root for.

It could be the future...if we're lucky. Most likely, we won't be. 🙃 But it does seem more like a 20-30 year future than a 2-3 year future, sigh.

Sorry, I should clarify that darklang is not at all shuttering; @paulbiggar is keeping the flame alive himself for now. 🔥✨ and I wish them all the best 💜🌈

You can follow @mipsytipsy.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader