Pulp Librarian+ Your Authors @PulpLibrarian Curator of the art, history and fiction of old dreams. Jun. 28, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

EXCITING NEWS FOR ALL READERS!

I'm now writing a book: "An Unreliable History of Pulp." It's everything I know condensed into 11.5 chapters and it'll be a free eBook, because I'm a Situationist and we don't like to charge for this stuff.

And you can take part in Chapter One...

All you have to do is reply to this tweet and tell me what YOU think 'pulp literature' is.

I want to crowdsource a definition from readers, because as you know texts have no authors and literary criticism is just intellectual Scrabble. What matters is what readers think pulp is.

There's no right or wrong answer but I'm sure you have a view. Possibly many. Or, you know, you could make some stuff up. All feedback is welcome :-)

The book should be published by Xmas, assuming we don't cancel Santa this year. So send me your views and let's see how we go...

Thank you to everyone who took the time to reply to this. It's hugely appreciated!

You can follow @PulpLibrarian.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader