Steve Bullock+ Your Authors @GuitarMoog On a Twitter and politics detox. Not checking or answering DMs. Jul. 03, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

I’m enjoying the ‘00s Battlestar Galactica, but I’m surprised a) how like 00’s Earth the planets and cities are, b) the contrast between futuristic uniforms and mid ‘00s business/casual wear, & c) that clearly branded Shure microphones existed/exist in the distant past/future.

Also odd that professors with plummy English accents in the distant past/future/galaxy wear tweed jackets, and that a civilisation that could create a giant fleet of spaceships allows smoking on them.

Other than that it’s fracking great.

Also, they created an entire machine/organic crossover race of beings and invented a Faster Than Light Drive, but have inaudible analogue radio comms and no anti-virus software.

And cassettes. I mean the solid state audio recorder had been available for years before they made this, and this super-advanced civilisation records audio messages and video onto tape.

Can you tell I’m pretty new to sci-fi?

You can follow @GuitarMoog.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader