Twitter acquired Threader! Learn more

Note: This thread is related to #COVID19.

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection. Avoid the three Cs: Crowded places, Close Contact Settings & Confined spaces. Airborne aerosols play an important role in transmitting COVID-19.

- Avoid crowded places and limit time in enclosed spaces

- Apply social distance

- Air rooms by opening windows & doors

- Keep hands and surfaces clean, cover coughs & sneezes

- Wear a mask when you are not at home or when physical distancing is not possible

Sarah Mei
+ Your AuthorsArchive @sarahmei Software engineer & founder of @RailsBridge and @LivableCode. Currently stirring the pot at @SalesforceUX. She/her. ✨Twitter at the speed of parenting✨ Jul. 07, 2020 1 min read

In late February, I got a really bad flu (or maybe covid) - coughing, wheezing, shortness of breath, and a really high fever. I slept for about four days, waking up every 6 hours to take more NyQuil.

It was BAD.

It’s been almost 5 months, but i haven’t really recovered. I’m still really tired - I sleep 9 or 10 hours a night, and still want a nap in the middle of the day. I get out of breath doing normal stuff, like...the dishes. Sometimes I still hear myself wheezing.

I wasn’t a triathlete before, but I could at least walk a few miles without having to stay in bed for the following three days!

And let’s not get started on the brain fog. Sometimes I open up my email and I have literally no idea what anyone is on about. (I mean, even more than usual😅)

My doctor says this just “happens” sometimes after a viral infection. Post-viral syndrome, they call it. Apparently many folks are experiencing this after covid, even worse than me.

It’ll be another 6 months or maybe even a year before I’m back at Jan 2020 energy levels.

Folks who had worse cases of covid will take even longer.

WEAR A MASK
STAY HOME

UNLESS YOU WANT TO SPEND LITERAL YEARS FEELING TIRED

Anyway. I’ll be back talking about software here again, someday. While I’m gone, can y’all please cancel uncle bob once & for all? Thanks.

You can follow @sarahmei.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Follow Threader