Natalie E. Dean, PhD
+ Your AuthorsArchive @nataliexdean Assistant Professor of Biostatistics at @UF specializing in emerging infectious diseases and vaccine study design. @HarvardBiostats PhD. Tweets my own. Jul. 20, 2020 1 min read

So tonight I asked insubordinate scientist @GeoRebekah why false neg antibody tests were more worrisome than false pos. After getting a strange answer, I was then blocked, unblocked, told I wasn’t blocked, told I didn’t know what I was talking about, and blocked again. 🤔

I wasn’t able to address the source of confusion about the role of antibody testing because she deleted the tweets from the thread. 🤷🏻‍♀️

I was previously quoted in NPR saying that I thought the dashboard she has created was a useful tool, although I also tweeted that I didn’t understand why she was combining antibody tests with PCR tests.
 https://www.npr.org/2020/06/14/876584284/fired-florida-data-scientist-launches-a-coronavirus-dashboard-of-her-own 

So, I don’t know what to make of all of it, but sharing as an FYI to my followers. And congratulations, @GeoRebekah, on the impressive $214,402 you have made so far on your GoFundMe.

Connecting with another thread with more explanation, and going to bed!

You can follow @nataliexdean.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Threader is an independent, ad-free project created by two developers. Our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Sign up today to compile, bookmark and archive your favorite threads.

Follow Threader