Shreyas Doshi+ Your Authors @shreyas early product mgr & first lead PM @stripe. angel investor. formerly @twitter @google @yahoo. my tweets are useful for some, useless for many, not for everyone❤️ Jul. 21, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

For clear writing, answer these questions

1. What Am I Really Trying To Say

2. Why Should People Care

3. What Is The Most Important Point

4. What Is The Easiest Way To Understand The Most Important Point

5. How Do I Want The Reader To Feel

6. What Should The Reader Do Next

A self-referential example that answers each of these 6 questions for the topic of “Writing Clearly”👇🏾

Following up here, a collection of podcasts on writing:

On being intentional about the effect you want to have on the audience—applies to any form of communication, including writing:

has created a handy sketch of these 6 questions for clear writing, sharing it here:

You can follow @shreyas.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader