Note: This thread is related to #Coronavirus #COVID19

Follow the World Health Organization's instructions to reduce your risk of infection:

1/ Frequently clean hands by using alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.

2/ When coughing and sneezing cover mouth and nose with flexed elbow or tissue - throw issue away immediately and wash hands.

3/ Avoid close contact with anyone that has fever and cough.

Vincent Lee+ Your Authors @Rover829 Some Dude With Blue Checkmark, sharing news by Reuters colleagues; opinions are mine, especially hate towards James Harden. Byline name: Se Young Lee Jul. 28, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

July 27 (Reuters) - Just four days after beginning a truncated coronavirus-delayed season, Major League Baseball ran into a serious obstacle on Monday with the postponement of two scheduled games due to a COVID-19 outbreak among Miami Marlins players.

https://www.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN24S28H 

Reuters: According to an ESPN report, at least 13 Marlins players have tested positive in recent days.

"They need to suspend games, do aggressive contact tracing, and see how bad this outbreak is," Dr Ashish Jha, director of the Harvard Global Health Institute, wrote on Twitter.

Reuters: "I don't know if MLB can resume the season. But, without aggressive action and vigilance, there is little hope we'll see more baseball without more outbreaks," Jha said.

Reuters: "Part of the reason I'm at home right now is because players health wasn't being put first. I can see that hasn't changed," Los Angeles Dodgers pitcher David Price, who opted out of the season due to the pandemic, said on Twitter.

ESPN: "I don't put this in the nightmare category," MLB Commissioner Rob Manfred said. "It's not a positive thing, but I don't see it as a nightmare. ... That's why we have the expanded rosters. That's why we have the pool of additional players."

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/29550004/rob-manfred-says-marlins-outbreak-not-nightmare-scenario 

ESPN: "We built protocols anticipating that we would have positive tests at some point during the season," Manfred told MLB Network. "The protocols were built to allow us to play through those positives. We believe the protocols are adequate to keep our players safe."

You can follow @Rover829.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader