Mike Shellenberger+ Your Authors @ShellenbergerMD Best-selling author, “Apocalypse Never” : Time “Hero of Environment” : Green Book Award : Pres., Environmental Progress : Invited IPCC Expert : MD = my initials Aug. 07, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Climate activists sometimes admit that poor nations need fossil fuels to escape poverty, but now @Greens & @Greenpeace are currently forcing the World Bank & others to divert funding from cheap to expensive energy

My latest @Forbes — please share!

https://www.forbes.com/sites/michaelshellenberger/2020/08/07/new-documentary-film-juice-challenges-elitism-of-anti-growth-environmentalism/ 

“Three billion people in the world today use less electricity than what’s used by my kitchen refrigerator,” notes journalist Robert Bryce in “Juice,” a humanistic and moving new documentary on iTunes. “Darkness kills human potential while electricity nourishes it.”

“Three billion people today are walking around in clothes that were washed by hand,” says Culver. “And it’s women and girls who are not only washing the clothes but also gathering the firewood, cooking over biomass stoves, and missing out on education and other opportunities.”

You can follow @ShellenbergerMD.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader