Shreyas Doshi+ Your Authors @shreyas early product mgr & first lead PM @stripe. previously @twitter @google @yahoo. I share offbeat ideas here—useful for some, useless for many, not for everyone ❤️ Aug. 08, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

WAYRTTD is the first thinking tool I learned at Stripe.

It stands for “What Are You 𝙍𝙚𝙖𝙡𝙡𝙮 Trying To Do”

WAYRTTD is a trusted friend anytime I’m confused about a problem.

And at some point, the WAYRTTD approach becomes hardwired ⇒ faster clarity & greater effectiveness.

Posting responses to some questions here

A couple of examples in <280 chars

We can apply WAYRTTD in a meta way to help determine what thinking tool we should use for ourselves (e.g. 5 Whys vs WAYRTTD) by understanding the real function of such tools

You can follow @shreyas.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader