Patrick McKenzie+ Your Authors @patio11 I work for the Internet, at @stripe, mostly on accelerating startups. Opinions here are my own. Aug. 28, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

It's a very "Why send a two paragraph email when a 150 page fax will do" sort of day for this recovering salaryman.

People laugh about this, but a true observation: lack of ability to upload or email routine correspondence is going to cost two firms north of $1,000 in staff time just to do this one little checkbox thing on a routine thing they both very much want to do.

And lest I throw Japan uniquely under the bus here: how is it that concatenating PDF files on a modern operating system requires you to be sufficiently computer literate to understand "Google Stack Overflow to find the right undocumented python script that ships with your OS."

You can follow @patio11.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader