Patrick McKenzie+ Your Authors @patio11 I work for the Internet, at @stripe, mostly on accelerating startups. Opinions here are my own. Sep. 10, 2020 1 min read + Your Authors

Goodness I buy this, to the extent that I might actually execute on it.

("Did somebody just say 'You should meet patio11'? In lieu of reading 3 million words here's a good bead on context, personality, and what I will probably say about e.g. low-touch SaaS GTM.")

We have a feature in Stripe Home (an internal directory) which lets you optionally upload a short video, which a lot of folks will do so that e.g. someone collaborating on a new project gets a sense of them, but very plausibly there should be *a lot* of this inside companies.

I prefer memos as a form factor but I know many that don't, and you can imagine that there are a lot of repeated conversations, so shouldn't a VP at an insurance company have a five minute off-the-cuff take on the ultimate source of and relative importance of underwriting edge?

I think there is also "permission to be imperfect" in audio which there isn't in writing; you can speak off the cuff on something and have it be read as you speaking off the cuff, whereas if you write a memo and it has the words "Candidly, we underperform on X" -> trench warfare.

You can follow @patio11.

Bookmark

____
Tip: mention @threader_app on a Twitter thread with the keyword “compile” to get a link to it.

Enjoy Threader? Sign up.

Since you’re here...

... we’re asking visitors like you to make a contribution to support this independent project. In these uncertain times, access to information is vital. Threader gets 1,000,000+ visits a month and our iOS Twitter client was featured as an App of the Day by Apple. Your financial support will help two developers to keep working on this app. Everyone’s contribution, big or small, is so valuable. Support Threader by becoming premium or by donating on PayPal. Thank you.

Follow Threader